Learning Opportunities for Canadian Health Care Professionals
Diabetes Manager University (DMU) Professional Training Program
Whether you are new to diabetes or an experienced diabetes educator, diabetes presents unique challenges to those affected and to the health professionals who serve them. And because of those challenges, things aren’t going very well for the vast majority of people who live with this disease. If we want to change the outcomes of care, we have to be willing to review and, when necessary, change what we do. This is what we call “Learning to Make a Difference in Diabetes”.
Our Online Diabetes Manager University is an 8-week mastery course in how and why to use today’s best therapies in a patient-centered model of care. Our online diabetes training program for Canadian health care professionals includes videos, lectures, journal reading, case presentations, experiential learning, and professional discussion. The Online DMU is perfect for anyone who needs a deeper understanding of managing diabetes in Canada and wants to take that training from the convenience of your home or office.
Over the course of the training program, Participants will discover:
- Canadian diabetes care and treatment realities
- Early detection and intervention strategies
- How to improve metabolic control and patient engagement using blood glucose monitoring
- The use of today’s diabetes medications and delivery devices in a patient-centered model of care
- How to help patients “write their own diets” and exercise plans to achieve better outcomes and motivation
- How to become a more valued coach and partner
- Visit https://diabetes-training-101-inc.thinkific.com/courses/diabetes-manager-university for detailed course information including a week by week outline of the Online DMU.
We also deliver the DMU in-person. Contact us for more information on how to bring this valuable training to your workplace.
Sign up for our mailing list (at the top of this page) to be kept up to date on our upcoming training programs and dates if our upcoming DMU program won’t fit your schedule.
Discovering Diabetes™ Education Program
Want to offer a diabetes education program that guides your clients to become their own diabetes self-manager? Diabetes Training 101™ offers professional training in the Discovering Diabetes™ self-management education model. Our model uses a behaviour based approach that empowers your clients to live their best life with the diabetes tools available to them. You will learn how to effectively use the Discovering Diabetes™ model so you can be confident that your education program is making a difference.
Using our teaching tools, client myth books and reflective and meaningful course work, you can have clients seeking out your services and coming back to you with great results.
Click here to view our Discovering Diabetes™ Curriculum and Myth Books.