About Diabetes Training 101 Inc.™
At Diabetes Training 101 Inc.™, we are focused on helping people Learn to Live Well with Diabetes.
More and more people are being diagnosed with diabetes every day and as a health care professional, you may be asked to educate people living with diabetes as a part of your role. At Diabetes Training 101 Inc.™ we can help your practice with the tools and skills you need to help your patients become successful diabetes managers and take an active role in their own care.
- a diabetes self-management program manual and self-care education curriculum.
- client intake forms, chart forms and supportive documents.
- a program compliant with the most recent 2018 Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- a professional curriculum training service to help you feel confident to deliver a diabetes self-management program with structure, focus, patient engagement and outcomes.
- ongoing support from educators currently using the curriculum and teaching tools.
Our diabetes management program is perfect for:
- new diabetes educators. Our program package comes with everything you need to start your own diabetes education program complete with a comprehensive diabetes program manual, chart forms, teaching tools and tips, diabetes games to play and reinforce learning, and a supply of our very popular diabetes myth books.
- experienced diabetes educators who are looking for better outcomes in their current diabetes program and to engage their clients in a new and highly effective way.
- new diabetes education programs looking for a complete diabetes education program to start from.
A Proven Diabetes Education Model
A way to teach and reinforce key diabetes concepts:
- Diabetes educators deliver an evidence-based and standardized curriculum that allows for flexibility within each group and promotes diabetes self-management.
- Clients receive high-quality diabetes education in a time-efficient group setting.
- The curriculum guides the client’s self-management learning while the myth books reinforce the diabetes information and are written in a client-friendly format that can be personalized to the client.
- Diabetes Myths, Misconceptions and Big Fat Lies! and Diabetes: Myth or Truth? client books are written to complement, enhance and reinforce the Discovering Diabetes™ instruction you are providing to your client, while the client takes away an easy to read, portable diabetes reference book that will maximize their learning.
Why Choose Discovering Diabetes™?
While there are many diabetes teaching tools in Canada, none of them offer what the Discovering Diabetes™ program does.
As outlined in the article British Journal Article Reprint, the Discovering Diabetes™ self-management program can help your patients learn to make a difference in their own lives and Learn to Live Well with Diabetes!